PhD student @ University of Amsterdam
I am a PhD candidate at University of Amsterdam, supervised by Prof. dr. Theo Gevers. Also, I am so fortunate to have the opportunity of discussing research problems with Dr. Fatemeh Karimi Nejadasl and Deyvid Kochanov from TOMTOM. Before that, I obtained my Master's degree under the supervision of Prof. dr. Zhi Liu.
I focus on point cloud and semantic segmentation. I also have a background in other computer vision fields, including visual attention modeling, saliency prediction and object segmentation.
- [04/2021] I join in the ATLAS Lab and settle in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- [02/2021] One paper got accepted to Signal processing: Image communication.
- [10/2020] I am granted the National Scholarship.
- [06/2020] One paper got accepted to Neurocomputing.
- [07/2019] Won the winner award of Saliency4ASD (Grand Challenge of ICME 2019)
 R. Shi, G. Li, W. Wei, Z. Liu, "Fixations based personal target objects segmentation," *ACM Internation conference on Multimedia in Asia,", Mar. 2021.
 R. Shi, G. Li, W. Wei, X. Zhou, Z. Liu, "Personalized image observation behavior learning in fixation based personalized salient object segmentation," Neurocomputing, vol. 445, pp. 255-266, Jul. 2021.
 Z. Wang, Z. Liu, W. Wei, H. Duan, "SalED: Saliency Prediction via Encoder-Decoder Neural Networks," Image and Vision Computing, vol. 109, pp. 104149, May, 2021.
 W. Wei, Z. Liu, L. Huang, Z. Wang, W. Chen, T. Zhang, J. Wang, and L. Xu, "Identify autism spectrum disorder via dynamic filter and deep spatiotemporal feature extraction," Signal Processing: Image Communication, vol. 94, pp. 116195, May. 2021.
 G. Li, Z. Liu, R. Shi, Z. Hu, W. Wei, and H. Ling, "Personal fixations-based object segmentation with object localization and boundary preservation," IEEE Transaction on Image Processing, vol. 30, pp. 1461-1475, Dec. 2020.
 L. Huang, W. Wei, Z. Liu, T. Zhang, J. Wang, L. Xu, W. Chen, and O. Le Meur, "Effective schizophrenia recognition using discriminative eye movement features and model-metric based features," Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 138, pp. 608-616, Oct. 2020.
 W. Wei, Z. Liu, L. Huang, A. Nebout, O. Le Meur, T. Zhang, J. Wang, and L. Xu, "Predicting atypical visual saliency for autism spectrum disorder via scale-adaptive inception module and discriminative region enhancement loss," Neurocomputing, Sep. 2020. [Preprint]
 G. Li, Z. Liu, R. Shi, and W. Wei, "Constrained fixation point based segmentation via deep neural network," Neurocomputing, vol. 368, pp. 180-187, Nov. 2019.
 W. Wei, Z. Liu, L. Huang, A. Nebout, and O. Le Meur, "Saliency prediction via multi-level features and deep supervision for children with autism spectrum disorder," presented at IEEE Int. Conf. on Multimedia & Expo Workshops (ICMEW), Jul. 2019. [Poster].
 A. Nebout, W. Wei, Z. Liu, L. Huang, and O. Le Meur, "Predicting saliency maps for ASD People," presented at IEEE Int. Conf. on Multimedia & Expo Workshops (ICMEW), Jul. 2019. [Poster].
Education & Experiences
PhD student in Computer Science.
Apr. 2021 - present. University of Amsterdam
M. Eng. in Signals and Information Processing.
Sep. 2018 - Mar. 2021. Shanghai University
B. Eng. in Communication Engineering.
Sep. 2014 - Jul. 2018. Shanghai University
Awards & Honors
- [10/2020] National Scholarship. SHU
- [10/2020] Tier 1 Scholarship. SHU.
- [10/2019] Tier 1 Scholarship. SHU.
- [10/2018] Tier 1 Scholarship. SHU.
- [07/2018] Outstanding Graduate. SHU
- [07/2019] Champion of the ICME2019 Grand Challenge -- Saliency4ASD Track 1
- [12/2018] Our team (Guangjin Pan, Chuxuan Cheng and Weijie Wei) won the second prize of China Post-Graduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling
- [11/2016] Our team (Jinxue Liu, Zhiming Yi and Weijie Wei) won the first prize of the National Undergraduate Electronic Design Contest (Shanghai division)